Voracious Girl seems to have the blogging bug again! Last night I intentionally picked Cocina Esperanza for dinner, remembering to try someplace instead of the same old places. Like other reviewers on Yelp, I agree their chips are extremely generic, not a good indicator of the rest of their food. The spicy salsa made up for it, I happily snacked while waiting for my meal. Agreed service is slow, not a place to go if you are looking for a quick meal, rather sip your sangria and enjoy a relaxing meal. Sangria was decent, had a definitive fruity flavor, but my heart still belongs to the freshly prepared Sangria at Ocho. However, for $4 a glass, I won’t complain. I ordered the pork enchiladas with the red sauce. Extremely filling and bubbling with two types of cheese- not the greasy Sysco food service grade cheddar either, real Monterrey Jack and what looked like cojita, not sure but surely authentic. Served with basic pinto beans and a very small portion of roasted red potatoes. Not complaining because the four enchiladas were plenty and tasted delicious reheated this morning as leftovers. One beef was they gave us Styrofoam- ack, that was outlawed earlier this year and I honestly prefer leftovers in the new environmentally friendly containers because they taste better! Regardless of the few negatives, I certainly plan to go back to this charming Crown Hill restaurant. My dining companion’s tillapia was plentiful, look perfectly cooked/seasoned. Next time I must try their guacamole and possibly the crab special or pollo ala crema which was also highly recommended by our waitress. I’m happy to have found another alternative and I’m kinda liking supporting local businesses in this economy.
- RT @arielknutson: I talked to @everywhereist about rage and making Mario Batali's cinnamon rolls thekitchn.com/mario-batali-f… 6 days ago
- RT @BerniceKing: As you honor my father today, please remember and honor my mother, as well. She was the architect of the King Legacy and f… 1 week ago
- RT @gastrognome: Did you like that viral cinnamon roll piece? Well, here's an update on what's happened to the author since. @Twitter @Twit… 1 week ago
- RT @sally_field: And there you have it. The systematic subjugation of women across all industries must end! twitter.com/mviser/status/… 1 week ago
- RT @davidmackau: Ron Howard: "We are honored ... to be here to present the award for best director." Natalie Portman, done with this shit:… 2 weeks ago