Voracious Girl seems to have the blogging bug again! Last night I intentionally picked Cocina Esperanza for dinner, remembering to try someplace instead of the same old places. Like other reviewers on Yelp, I agree their chips are extremely generic, not a good indicator of the rest of their food. The spicy salsa made up for it, I happily snacked while waiting for my meal. Agreed service is slow, not a place to go if you are looking for a quick meal, rather sip your sangria and enjoy a relaxing meal. Sangria was decent, had a definitive fruity flavor, but my heart still belongs to the freshly prepared Sangria at Ocho. However, for $4 a glass, I won’t complain. I ordered the pork enchiladas with the red sauce. Extremely filling and bubbling with two types of cheese- not the greasy Sysco food service grade cheddar either, real Monterrey Jack and what looked like cojita, not sure but surely authentic. Served with basic pinto beans and a very small portion of roasted red potatoes. Not complaining because the four enchiladas were plenty and tasted delicious reheated this morning as leftovers. One beef was they gave us Styrofoam- ack, that was outlawed earlier this year and I honestly prefer leftovers in the new environmentally friendly containers because they taste better! Regardless of the few negatives, I certainly plan to go back to this charming Crown Hill restaurant. My dining companion’s tillapia was plentiful, look perfectly cooked/seasoned. Next time I must try their guacamole and possibly the crab special or pollo ala crema which was also highly recommended by our waitress. I’m happy to have found another alternative and I’m kinda liking supporting local businesses in this economy.
- RT @KhushAndOJ: Went all the way to Pawhuska, Oklahoma (population 3,000) to explore the Pioneer Woman's deep and complicated fandom https:… 1 week ago
- RT @arielknutson: Hi, hello, please look at this very important work from @cmoshenb on the Real Housewives thekitchn.com/battle-of-the-… 3 weeks ago
- Discovered the @RegalMovies has reclining chairs. Pretty much just fell in love. Plotting to see more movies. Also, @HomeAgain_Movie 👌 4 weeks ago
- Happy that the @thewhiskybarsea isn't carrying @BulleitUSA. Appreciate their support of Hollis. #whereshollis washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/f… 1 month ago
- RT @BarackObama: "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." https://t.co/… 2 months ago